Thursday, October 15, 2009

Confessions of an obsessaholic No. 13: Hootsuite

I’m in love with HootSuite. What’s hot about Hoot? Glad you asked. HootSuite allows Twitter users to manage multiple Twitter profiles (I have seven) from one easy-to-use interface. You guys know how I love being able to organize and plan things. Hoot allows me to do this. I can send tweets, retweet, schedule tweets, direct message, and set up searches (and believe me I have many) for all kinds of things.

For example, I have my personal accounts (@Buffy_Andrews, @Grandma_Dorothy), my work related accounts (@Ydrbooks, @Smartmamapa; @Flipside, @YDR, @Letseatpa). I can tweet from one account and then retweet that tweet from other accounts all without having to log out and in.

I also love the ability to search for specific things. For example, I have a tab set up for Writing, under which are numerous columns each for a separate search that has to do with writing (ie. #pubtips, #Yalitchat; #Litchat; #Kidlitchat, etc.).

I have a tab for brands (with columns of different brands I follow, like Harley Davidson), a tab for people (separated by group, such as work friends, publishing friends, etc.), a tab for sports, fun stuff, publishing, news media and journalism all of which have their own columns for very specific searches.

As I said, I’m in love with this application because it allows me to organize and compartmentalize and keep everything in order. Just another example of my crazy self, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment