Monday, October 26, 2009

Why do you write what you write?

Sometimes, I’m really tired of being a grown-up (Actually, make that most of the time). Why do we spend our childhood wishing to grow up and our adulthood wishing to be younger? Maybe that’s why I love writing for children. It allows me to be a kid again.

Why do you write what you write? I’ve always been curious about this. There are some people who write something and I read it and I would never have imagined them writing that particular piece. It’s not that the piece is bad, it’s just not what I pictured them writing. Whether it’s middle grade or young adult, fiction or non-fiction, why do you write what you write? I’m looking for the audience you feel most comfortable writing for, the genre and the reasons.

Please share:)

No comments:

Post a Comment