Sunday, November 22, 2009

Writing is like riding a rollercoaster

Writing is like riding a rollercoaster. There are highs and lows, twists and turns and seconds when you wonder why you ever wanted to ride such a stomach-churning, headache-inducing, heart-pumping mass of mean steel. I mean, the ride’s not forgiving and there certainly seems to be more downs than ups. But here’s the thing. We’re on this ride together. I’m sitting right beside you (in the front seat) and we’re going to ride this damn rollercoaster until we can’t ride it anymore. So, are you with me? I know that it seems intimidating, but guess what, we can handle the metal monster because we are writers. So let’s board this baby and go for the ride of our lives. Hang on!

5 comments:

  1. For some reason, I'm too short to get on the rollar coaster. :( (today)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll buy you shoes with big heels. Where there's a will, there's a way. You just have to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to whine...I'm just struggling to get control of everything, so I can have a few hours a day to write. Now we are approaching to the holiday season, which means holiday things have to be done.

    I'll get over it and be back on the rollar coaster when January rolls around.

    My goal for the next few weeks is to send out a couple folk tales. I hate not having a reason to be waiting by the mail box or to be checking my email every thirty minutes. :)

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a wonderful holiday, too, Sharon. I think my writing time will be limited, too, over the next two months. But we just have to do what we can do. And I didn't think you were whining. We are all juggling so much. And I really appreciate you visiting my blog and commenting. I am thankful for that. Take care and don't eat too much turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Buffy...you have a good one too.

    ReplyDelete