Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ella's Dance: A Grandma note

Note 2
My dearest Ella,
There’s no shame in failing as long as you learn from it.
Remember when you got an F on your biology exam? You thought you knew the material well enough and decided that instead of studying, you’d go shopping with your friends. It was the first F you ever received – and the last. I can still picture you crying as you pulled the test from your pink backpack to show me.
We all fail, Ella. Lord knows I’ve failed many times in my life. But a failure is only a failure if you don’t learn from it. When you fail, as I know you will, I want you to pick yourself up and try again. And again and again. Don’t let failing or the fear of failure keep you from pursuing your dreams.
Where would be if the great inventors of our time stopped trying after they had first failed? Failures can make us stronger and wiser. Embrace them and learn from them.

Love you bunches and bunches, Grandma

1 comment:

  1. Buffy--Have you read PROJECT 17? I read it over the last couple days...One of the characters is trying to find out about her grandmother that was put away in a mental hospital. I thought of you (grandmothe connection) when I read it. :)

    ReplyDelete