Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ella's Dance: A Grandma note

Note 22
My dearest Ella,
Don’t be afraid to fall in the mud; you can always take a bath.
Remember the time I hosed you and Emily off  in the backyard? The two of you slopped in a mud puddle and you were covered from head to toe. You had the best time that day. The easiest thing to do was to hose you off, wrap you in towels and send you inside to change. Somewhere along the way, you became afraid of  mud puddles. You didn’t want to get dirty or mess up your clothes. Then one day, I challenged you to jump in a mud puddle under the cherry tree. You were hesitant, so I jumped in first. We had a ball that day. My point then and my point now is that when you fall in a mud puddle (or jump in one if you choose) don’t be afraid. A little bit of soap and water will get you clean. Life will be riddled with mud puddles. Some quite big, I’m sure. But you just jump right in and get all muddy and enjoy it.
Love you bunches and bunches, Grandma 

No comments:

Post a Comment