Sunday, March 14, 2010

Happy Pi Day

Happy Pi Day and Happy Birthday to Albert Einstein!
Often writers shy away from math and physics and similar academic areas. How about you? I sometimes enjoy solving a mathematical equation. There is only one right answer. It's black and white. You either solve the problem or you don't. There's a challenge in that. Writing, on the other hand, is very subjective, open to interpretation. Anyway, what are your thoughts?
And I'm sure we all remember that pi is the ratio of the circumference to the diameter of a circle; approximately equal to 3.14159265358979323846.

3 comments:

  1. There is a comforting feeling that comes from solving math equations...the realization that there are some absolutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate math. lol. My brain just doesn't work in a logical way. Way too much black and white for me. :)

    For some reason, none of the new blogs I'm following give the option of leaving my name/URL...weird. So, I've just taken to signing my own.

    Btw, I just found your blog over on YALIT...it's cool. I'm another aspiring YA writer. I'm currently working on a paranormal romance. No angels, fairies, vampires or werewolves though. :) Nice to "meet" you. :)

    Callie--www.chimeracritiques.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. DL, I so agree. Sometimes it's just nice to have only one correct answer.

    And Callie, thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you visit often.

    ReplyDelete