Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Quote of the day

“Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.”

Mark Victor Hansen

If you haven't started, why? What's holding you back? Or if you have started and are having trouble staying with it, why? Please post in comments and maybe we can help one another. 

3 comments:

  1. I tell those things from the quote (but in less elegant terms ) to my kids almost every day. I don't have very good self esteem I'm afraid - I believe it's mainly due to losing my mother when I was 6 ( the dreaded Cancer took her )and not having a strong female role model. I wrote quite excessively until around 12 years ago but ridicule from several 'friends' killed what confidence I had. I just kept my writing to myself after that until my husband saw some of my old stuff recently and he's encouraging me to get back into it.
    So, write firstly and impotantly for yourself and don't give 2 hoots for what those around you say. The best thing I EVER did in this part of my life was to come in contact with other literary folk - blogging, forums such as Inkwell and so on.
    Thanks for the food for thought Buffy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buffy, could that quote be anymore appropriate than for today? Thanks you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT quote! So very true. I've always been a believer in doing & dreaming. The doing is the most important part.

    ReplyDelete