Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ella's Dance: A Grandma note

Note 261

My dearest Ella,
Make peace with your past.
When I was young, I didn’t always make the best decisions. I did things I shouldn’t have done and made mistakes I wish I wouldn’t have made. When I got older, I didn’t feel so great about the things I did or the mistakes I made. But I couldn’t let the past drag me down. You can’t either.
We all have to make peace with our past. Maybe you did something that you are ashamed of and you can’t stop obsessing about it. But here’s the thing, nothing you do now is going to change what you did then. You just have to make peace with in and go on.
Love you bunches and bunches, Grandma

4 comments:

  1. Nice.

    I always tended to make decisions with my heart rather than my head when I was younger...I don't think I have any real skeletons in my closet....but some major life decisions in the past were made without my logic being present.

    GOOD ADVICE GRANDMA D!
    THANKS BUFFY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise advice.

    There are moments of my past I tend to suppress because I still cringe with humiliation and embarrassment -- or regret. But Grandma is right. Nothing I ever do can change what already happened.

    One can only go forward and hope to get smarter in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great advice!

    Sometimes it's hard to move forward. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey gang, you are all so wonderful for commenting and letting me know you're reading. I hope that your writing is going well. LOL, B

    ReplyDelete