Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The good and the bad in YOU

"One of the greatest moments in anybody's developing experience is when he no longer tries to hide from himself but determines to get acquainted with himself as he really is."
Norman Vincent Peale

So take a minute to reflect. What is one attribute that you feel helps you be a better writer and one that hinders you? And, if you feel like it, share how you are overcoming that which hinders you. Can't wait to see your comments.
I hope each of you has an awesome day and that it brings all that you want and need it to.    


5 comments:

  1. Helps me? Dedication
    Hinders me? Self-doubt
    I don't know if self-doubt ever goes away, but I've found networking, perfecting my work and keeping my chin up is all that gets me through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What helps me? focus
    What hinders me? getting to the point of focus...

    I tend to live at 0 % or 100%, no matter what it is I'm doing. I have to learn to balance things...

    Thanks, Buffy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Candyland, I think it's only natural to doubt yourself.I imagine that even the most accomplished person doubts his or herself from time to time. I think you will become more confident as you grow and develop as a writer. And your dedication to the craft will lead the way.

    Here's what Robert Sheckley said:I'm not too fond of the hard work and the constant battle with self-doubt that goes on when I write, but I figure that's part of the territory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Sharon. Balance is the key to so much in life. But at least you recognize your challenge. Now it's figuring out ways to overcome that challenge. Being able to put aside things so you can focus on the task at hand. Sort of like you did with your blog recently where you told us you were going to be "out" for a bit because you were working on x,y,z. You needed to focus on something and in order to do that you eliminated something else. But just for a bit. So you are finding ways to overcome your challenge and be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm like Candyland. Dedication is one of my strengths but I go through lots of self doubt which slows me down and makes me not want to submit my work.

    ReplyDelete