Saturday, June 12, 2010

Toy Story characters come to life


Toy Story 3 opens in theaters June 18. I love the Toy Story franchise. The writers have done an awesome job of creating memorable characters. And the voice cast is incredible (Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Michael Keaton, Joan Cusack, Ned Beatty, Don Rickles, Wallace Shawn and John Ratzenberger).
    How can we forget:
    Woody
    Buzz
    Jessie
    Mr. Potato Head
    Mrs. Potato Head
    Rex
    Slinky Dog
    Barbie
    Bo Peep
    Hamm
    Sarge
    KC
    And so many others who have slipped my mind.     
    Do you have a favorite character from Toy Story? If so, who is it and how do you think the writers and artists have teamed to make him/her unforgettable? What characteristics or mannerisms have they given your fav that brings him/her to life? Whether it’s Rex and his inferiority complex or Slinky Dog and his southern accent.
    And if you aren't familiar with Toy Story, maybe there is another character you could tell us about and how the writer and/or artist have made the character seem real. Can’t wait to read your comments.    
   

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait! We love Toy Story in this house! We watch 1 and 2 over and over. My son loves Rex and Hamm. The writing is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Toy Story and Monsters Inc. and WALLE and Nemo and The Incredibles and...hmmm, maybe I'm really just a kid at heart.

    I admit I do have a special place in my heart for the monster, played by John Goodman I think. I just loved his interaction with the little girl and her laughter was delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my family watched TOY STORY a few nights ago! Love all the characters from the film.

    My absolute favourite characters are SHREK and FIONA from SHREK 1 and 2. I wasn't so keen on the 3rd film.

    In my bedroom at the mo all the family are gathered and we're watching LORD OF THE RINGS - THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING.

    My all time favourite boo (trilogy) is the above. I've lost count of the times I've read LORD OF THE RINGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete