Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ella's Dance: A Grandma note

Note 161


My dearest Ella,

I’m really tired today, Ella. The chemo treatments take a lot out of me. Maddie offered to write what I tell her, but I didn’t want to do that just yet. But I might have to eventually. I want to keep writing these notes myself so you have them in my handwriting as long as I’m able.

So today is rough and I can’t write much. The notes might be a little shorter for awhile. Depends on how I feel. But I want to say that I love you. Three simple words that are worth more than all the treasures in the world combined.

Love you bunches and bunches, Grandma

-----------------------------------------------------
Dear Grandma,
I keep all of your notes in the jewelry box you bought me. You know the one with the ballerina that goes around and around and plays music when you wind the gold key in the back.  Whenever I'm feeling down or lost or lonely, I read your letters. Reading them makes me feel close to you. You've given me a wonderful gift, Grandma. You've left me 365 letters and given me the greatest treasure of all -- your love. Thank you for knowing what I would need and for loving me and taking care of me -- long after you were gone.
 
Love you bunches and bunches, Ella

1 comment: