Thursday, August 19, 2010

A note from Ella

Sometimes, life sucks. Bad crap happens and you think you’ll never be happy. I get that. I really do. That’s how I felt after Grandma, who raised me, died. But I survived, with the help of my guardian and Grandma’s best friend Maddie. So why am I telling you this? Well, I promised myself I would share my story. Not because I want your pity, but because I think my story is one of hope, of pushing past the ugliness in our lives when all we want to do is crawl into a dark hole. I’m not going to lie. You might cry. My story’s a little sad. Well, maybe a lot sad. But it’s also happy. A lot happy. And the best part is the 365 letters Grandma wrote to me before she died. Someday, when my children are old enough, I’ll share the letters with them. But today, I’m sharing them with you along with my book, ELLA’S DANCE. I hope you join me on this literary journey and discover that despite life’s crappiness, it’s still pretty damn good.
--ELLA

3 comments:

  1. Life is a struggle and it continues to be, but in-between I find the sun shining through to dry my tears and the angels kissing my cheek, saying this too will pass, and with this knowledge you will help someone else heal.

    I am looking forward to reading your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for visiting Mary. I can't wait to tell the story, too. The book is done, now I just need to find an agent and publisher who believes in me and my work. That's the tough part, I'm afraid. But you're so right about helping others heal. I think this book would do just that. Anyway, blessings today and always, Buffy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very interesting content! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your points and have come to the conclusion that you are right about many of them. You are great. singapore premium notebooks

    ReplyDelete