Sunday, September 26, 2010

Some inspirational moments


I had dinner with former First Lady Laura Bush on Thursday. She was in town to speak at a Junior League event. What a gracious lady. First class all the way. When I introduced myself, she said, “Oh, what a cute name.” After her speech, I shook her hand (and gave her a half hug after telling her “I’m a hugger”) and she said, “Oh, I remember you because of your cute name.” I really enjoyed her speech. Like her book, "Spoken from the Heart" (which I received an autographed copy of), her speech was from the heart. Hearing her talk about the days following 9/11 brought tears to my eyes. And listening as she shared wonderful family moments made me laugh at times. I was so inspired that evening by her graciousness and thankful for the opportunity to meet her in person. What a wonderful memory for me.
...
I was golfing today with my husband when I realized that behind us were two guys. Nothing special about that, I know. But one of the men was missing an arm. And man could he hit that golf ball. I couldn’t help but be inspired by this man who didn’t let his disability keep him from doing something he so obviously loved.
...
Do you have any inspirational moments you'd like to share? I'd love to read them.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful posts, Buffy! Both are so inspirational...I knew that Mrs. Bush would be lovely...She's a Southern Lady...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were so right, Sharon. Laura Bush was awesome. Really down to earth. I enjoyed dinner and listening to her speak. A definite treat.

    ReplyDelete