Sunday, October 31, 2010

Be hungry for life

Be hungry for life. I meet too many people who lack a hunger for life and I always think it’s so sad. They don’t live life. They don’t experience life. They just go on, day to day, getting up in the morning and going to bed at night and filling the hours in between with a nothingness that leaves their hearts empty. I met a guy recently and he was lost. Very lost.  He thought maybe he should do this or maybe he should do that and he ended up doing nothing at all. Maybe he feared failure. Or rejection. Maybe he didn’t have the confidence to try and so instead he stayed in the hole he had so carefully dug because there he felt safe and secure. But all it took was an outstretched hand to pull him out of the hole and be the light he needed to find his way. If you feel like the guy in the hole, my hand is reaching toward you. You are important. You do matter. People do care. Believe in yourself and allow others to believe in you, too.  Life is too precious to not live it with everything you’ve got. Life is good and bad and happy and sad and tough and easy. But when you have a hunger for life, when you live it and breathe it with every ounce of your soul, you will feel gloriously alive. And that, my friend, is a grand thing. As Grandma D always said: Live life. Don’t watch it from the sidelines. Get in the game and play your best. The winner is not always the brightest or the best but the one who, despite all the obstacles, doesn’t quit. Be hungry for life – always.    

4 comments:

  1. I guess that's why I'm not very good at "relaxing." I always want to "do" something... My hubby wants do nothing vacations. I want adventure vacations...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! I thirst for life and see every day as an adventure, but sometimes people have to be awakened to that pleasure. Unfortunately for some, loving life, is just as good sitting by and letting other live it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thoughts. And yes it's so true that life is happy and sad and tough and easy, but we have to live through it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think fearing failure is the mail cause of inaction.

    ReplyDelete