Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Charity auction donations

So, I'm collecting items for a charity auction I'm involved with every year through my church. The proceeds benefit a local food bank. My friends and I have been doing this auction for more than 10 years, and we have raised thousands of dollars. If the spirit moves you, I'd love to have your help. So far, I have an autographed copy of "Spoken from the Heart" by Laura Bush (read about my dinner with her here) and "How to Survive a Garden Gnome Attack" by the awesome Chuck Sambuchino. Many of you know Chuck from his role as editor of Guide to Literary Agents and the author of Formatting and Submitting Your Manuscript. He also maintains the Guide to Literary Agents blog. Anyway, if you'd like to donate an autographed copy of your book or an illustration or anything at all, I would love to have it. Just e-mail me (Buffy@ydr.com) and I can tell you where to send it. Also, please include your mailing address so we can send you a thank-you note. And thank you to everyone who considers this request. It's a great way to help others. Blessings, Buffy


2 comments:

  1. Man how I wish I had one to give! But nobody would care about wildlife manuals for Utah where you live and that's all I have published yet.

    Good luck, friend. I hope others do send things. I'll post it up on my heading and see if I can send some authors your way.

    Have a lovely night!

    ~ Jackee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jackee. Appreciate you spreading the word.

    ReplyDelete