Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Quote of the day

"I don’t know if the optimists or the pessimists are right. But the optimists are going to get something done." --Craig Venter
So which are you? An optimist or a pessimist? 


  1. This is a concept that I have lived and learned strongly in the last year in my personal life. I have always had a very positive outlook on life, but I've seen the damage and debilitating effect of a negative outlook. Sadly, it can cause someone to lose before they even start whatever endeavor they are involved in. Thanks for this, Buffy!


  2. I try to stay on the positive side. I have to admit that sometimes since my sister died almost 3 years ago and I worry about my husband's health, I don't always feel like the perky, positive person I once was. But I think if I can mostly be positive that's okay.

    BTW, I saw your pitch on Market my Words. It was very good. Good luck.

  3. GREAT quote! I'm an optimist, so full of hope that when things don't turn out right, I feel like I've just been slapped in the face. (Didn't see it coming sort of thing!)

    Thanks, Buffy!

  4. That's a great point. I see those glasses as potentially empty and needing to be filled up again. ;)