Tuesday, November 30, 2010

J.K. Rowling's advice...

"Be ruthless about protecting writing days, i.e., do not cave in to endless requests to have 'essential' and 'long overdue' meetings on those days. The funny thing is that, although writing has been my actual job for several years now, I still seem to have to fight for time in which to do it. Some people do not seem to grasp that I still have to sit down in peace and write the books, apparently believing that they pop up like mushrooms without my connivance. I must therefore guard the time allotted to writing as a Hungarian Horntail guards its firstborn egg." --J.K. ROWLING

5 comments:

  1. I love this one! I need to take it to heart more, because everything has been attacking my writing time lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. I find I write better when I set that time aside and try not to focus on the dishes that aren't done, the laundry that's not folded. You have to let yourself be guilt free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only I could...

    Jean
    http://www.jeanmatthewhallwords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quote. Great advice. Sometimes the kids make it hard to follow... :) - Stasia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think sometimes we are our own worst enemies. The laundry will wait a few hours, and pancakes are always a viable option for dinner.

    ReplyDelete