Monday, March 28, 2011

Meet AKA teammate: Louise Caiola

Here’s another one of my awesome AKA Literary teammates. Hope you check her out.

Name: Louise Caiola

Lives in: I live in a constant state of perpetual motion. But I reside in a lovely suburb in the great state of New York.

Family: I’m the acting CEO of two amazing semi-grown kids and one soccer-playing wonder dog.

Writes: With my novels I’ve focused on YA with the potential to appeal to a crossover audience. However, I dabble in shorter works of fiction for the more “mature” readership. These stories can be viewed at the online magazine http://www.faithhopeandfiction.com/.

Day job: My daytime hours are spent tending to the intimate minutia of a small local business. Though it may appear as if I am hard at work answering phones and pushing papers to and fro, in actuality I am plotting the next page, scene and chapter.

Titles of books you've written/sold: My first novel, entitled WISHLESS is scheduled for release later this year. It’s the story of a young girl with a secret disease whose wishes bring her all the things she believes she wants desperately, until those wishes begin to come true. Will her wishes be enough to keep her alive? Since this is my debut as a novelist I have considered offering a substantial bribe to each person who agrees to purchase the book with an added bonus to those who receive it warmly. However, I’m not so sure that’s legal so I’ll just ask real sweetly, with sugar on top.

My second baby, “Girls like Her” is in the capable and wonderful hands of Terrie Wolf at AKA Literary Agency. If my own wishes come true, I will be seeing that one in print in the near future, too.

Website: My website is currently in the planning stages. Please stay tuned for further updates.

Blog: Naturally I ramble without a cause. I’d like to invite you to drop by “The Hook” where there’s never a cover charge. http://louisecaiola.blogspot.com//

Twitter: Do I tweet? Like a little birdie on steroids. Please feel free to hop on board. I try to follow everyone back. http://twitter.com/lcwritten

Facebook: Yes, I’m there, too. Rather a newbie, but getting the hang of things.

Favorite book: I don’t have a favorite book. I have a million favorites. It was “THE CALL OF THE WILD” and “LITTLE WOMEN” that first lured me to keeping my nose planted between the jacket flaps. Soon after, I became a Nancy Drew addict. As I grew up my love affair with the written word remained a steady companion. I devoured Steven King and am currently obsessed with anything written by Laurie Halse Anderson.

Favorite book character: I just read “THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN” and I adored Enzo. Is he my all-time fave? I couldn’t say. But he moved me, for sure.

Book you've learned the most from: On the subject of writing it’s “Bird by Bird” by Anne Lamott. Close second is Webster’s Dictionary and Thesaurus.

If you could have dinner with any author, who would it be and what would you ask him/her? Oh, JK Rowling! Dear Jo, How DOES it feel to be you?

What is the best piece of writing advice you ever received: Write every day. Even if it’s only a line or two. And read, read, read.

Finish these sentences:

I wish I...had a time machine set to rewind.

If I knew...how to carry a tune I’d be singing instead of writing.

Other AKA profiles:
Aaron Tate

2 comments:

  1. Hi Louise, Your book sounds really interesting. Can't wait for it to come out. I interview debut authors at Literary Rambles--http://caseylmccormick.blogspot.com/. I'm interviewing Terry Johnson,a debut middle grade author today. E-mail me. I'd love to interview you when your book comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Natalie! Thanks so much for the invitation. I will surely take you up on that.
    Thanks to Buffy too, for having me here!

    ReplyDelete