Thursday, March 3, 2011

Quote of the day

"A writer is someone who spends years patiently trying to discover the second being inside him, and the world that makes him who he is: when I speak of writing, what comes first to my mind is not a novel, a poem, or literary tradition, it is a person who shuts himself up in a room, sits down at a table, and alone, turns inward; amid its shadows, he builds a new world with words." -- ORHAN PAMUK

What do you think about this "second being" stuff? Agree or disagree?

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure, but I know I talk to myself a lot, so either I'm crazy, or he's right; there's someone else in here with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure either. There is some creative part of ourselves but I'm not sure I would describe it this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee. It's my alternate ego. =)

    P.S. An award for you! http://crystalcollier.blogspot.com/2011/03/award-awards-awards.html

    ReplyDelete