Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Meet AKA teammate: Carrie Filetti

Another one of my great AKA Literary teammates.

Name: Carrie Filetti (last name rhymes with spaghetti)

Lives in: I live in the beautiful Appalachian Mountains of East TN. I love the trees, rivers and peace that comes with small town living.

Family: I’m married to the love of my life, Mike, and we have seven beautiful children that keep us on our toes. Without them I’d hate to know where I’d be. Their constant support of my dreams has gotten me where I am today. They are my life and I write for them.

Day job: Along with my constant creation of Middle Grade and Young Adult stories, I am a mother, wife and a home-school teacher.

Titles of books you’ve written/sold: MARYANNE AND THE BENJAMIN BOHNS FACTORY is being represented by Terrie Wolf from the AKA Literary Agency. Along with my family, Terrie and I have high hopes for this quirky tale that teaches important life lessons.

Website: http://www.authorcarriefiletti.com/

Blog:  http://awrenslife.blogspot.com/

Facebook: I am there and love to connect with family and friends from all over the world.

Favorite book: This is hard as there are many wonderful stories but the one that pulls at my heartstrings the most is the one that first struck me as a child. WHERE THE RED FERN GROWS by Wilson Rawls will always be special to me.

Favorite book character: This is another hard one so I’m going to name a few that I wished to be like as I read.

Will, from John Flanagan’s RANGERS APPRENTICE’S series.

Liesel, from Markus Zusak’s THE BOOK THIEF.

Shane, from Jack Schaefer’s SHANE.

I know there are many more and this list will forever be growing.

Book you’ve learned the most from: My own. I learn more about myself every day as I write.

If you could have dinner with any author who would it be and what would you ask them: I would love to have dinner with J.K. Rowling and Stephen King. I would ask if I could join their club.

What is the best piece of writing advice you ever received: “Only those that quit don’t make it.” My husband.

Finish these sentences:

I wish I…believed I could write a long time ago.

If I knew…what I know now, I would have been a better daughter.

Other AKA profiles:

Aaron Tate
Louise Caiola
Katie Lee
Lee Richmond
Robert Spiller
Edward A. Iannuccilli
Tasha Cotter
Gilda Evans
Luis Cruz
Penny Fletcher
Matthew Porter Dyer

5 comments:

  1. Wow Carrie it's nice to meet you. I only have 4 kids and can't even think of how I would handle 7! And you write as well as home school children! Wowsa :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lanita, I was thinking the same thing and I have only two. You both are my heroes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you too LM Preston. :) Thanks so much Buffy! Raising 7 children does have its moments but most are good. Home schooling can get crazy but somehow it all works out. At the end of the day when all are in bed is when my creative mind wakes up. I could type all night but 2:00am is my limit. The kids don't really like a zombie mommy in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to have dinner with JK Rowling too. Good luck with your book Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Natalie! It would be pretty amazing to have dinner with her. :)

    ReplyDelete