Friday, April 22, 2011

Meet AKA teammate: Krista Krueger

Here’s another one of my awesome AKA Literary teammates. Hope you check her out.



Name:
Krista Krueger

Lives in: Baltimore, MD

Family: Husband Joe, 2 sons, 2 daughters (12, 7, 6, 3)

Writes: paranormal YA, horror

Day job: child wrangler, maid, bookkeeper aka housewife :)

Website: www.spanglefish.com/darkstories

Favorite book: THE WITCHING HOUR by Anne Rice

Favorite book character: The Mad Hatter

Book you've learned the most from: CEMETERY STORIES by Katherine Ramsland

If you could have dinner with any author, who would it be and what would you ask him/her? It would be Stephen King. I would want to know how he dealt with all of the book rejections. He was going to quit until his wife sent CARRIE out one more time and that was his golden ticket. How did he keep moving forward until then?

What is the best piece of writing advice you ever received: You are a good writer. This will be your year. Just be patient and see.

Finish these sentences:

I wish I knew... the secret to my success

If I knew how ... hard and how long the waiting process was to get a book deal, I would have tried to get published sooner instead of writing for myself.

Other AKA profiles:

Aaron Tate
Louise Caiola
Katie Lee
Lee Richmond
Robert Spiller
Edward A. Iannuccilli
Tasha Cotter
Gilda Evans
Luis Cruz
Penny Fletcher
Matthew Porter Dyer
Carrie Filetti
Jessica Robinson

4 comments:

  1. Good luck Krista. I love YA paranormal. And that's great advice to be patient. It feels like an understatement sometimes, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to get to know you a little bit better! Sounds like we like some of the same things. Best of luck with your stories. I love your writing style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness the "reading business" is much easier that the writing business! Good Luck with your book and I hope you get to meet Stephen King!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! And it would be so fabulous to meet King!

    ReplyDelete