Monday, April 11, 2011

Meet AKA teammate: Luis Cruz

Here’s another one of my awesome AKA Literary teammates. Hope you check him out.


Name: Luis M. Cruz.

Lives in: Bronx, New York.

Writes: YA.

Titles of books you've written/sold: THE DAY THEY MADE CONTACT (Yet to be published.)


Favorite book: STAR WARS: DARKSABER by Kevin J. Anderson.

Favorite book character: Commander Data from the Star Trek: TNG series.

Book you've learned the most from: HOW TO GET A LITERARY AGENT by Michael Larsen.

If you could have dinner with any author, who would it be and what would you ask him/her? Kevin J. Anderson. Can please pass the salt.

What is the best piece of writing advice you ever received: Miles Davis once wrote, "Write what you know or write what you don't know like everybody else."

Finish these sentences:

I wish I...could talk sense to all the world leaders.

If I knew...the secrets of the universe, my life would most likely be boring.



Other AKA profiles:
Aaron Tate
Louise Caiola
Katie Lee
Lee Richmond
Robert Spiller
Edward A. Iannuccilli
Tasha Cotter
Gilda Evans

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your book Luis. I'll have to check out the book on getting a literary agent you recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice meeting you Luis. Great tip, I'd also say go to conferences. I've seen lots of success from the face to face meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie, the book I recommended is written by Michael Larsen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to meet you as well LM Preston, I'm going to try and make it to a couple of conferences this summer.

    ReplyDelete