Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What you would like to tell your kids...

I saw this list (I've added to it) on my Pinterest account. It was a baby shower idea. But I think it's a neat idea not only for a baby shower but also for birthdays or just because.

Here's the one I did for my sons. I'll write it on note cards and leave them on the kitchen counter for them to find in the morning. Not for any special reason, just because I love them, and, well, I'm mushy and huggy and kissy and all that stuff.


I hope you learn... that it's OK to fail as long as you learn from your failures.
I hope you aren't afraid... to try even when your goal seems impossible or out of reach.



I hope you love... deeply and completely and honestly.
I hope you get... that which you want most.
I hope you laugh... every chance you get.
I hope you forget... the bad things that happen.
I hope you ignore... those who try to belittle you.
I hope you become... whatever it is you want to become.
I hope you respect... the world around you.
I hope you grow... to be a loving and caring man with a great sense of humor.
I hope you forgive... when someone says they're sorry.
I hope you learn... that God is great.
I hope you believe... in yourself even when others doubt you.
I hope you live... without fear.
I hope you dream... in vibrant colors.
I hope you think... happy thoughts.                                                                              
I hope you never... forget where you came from and who you are.
 but most of all,
I hope you know... that I will always be with you, even when I'm not.
(Points to heart <3)    
Right there, in your heart.

Cross-posted with Smart magazine post

No comments:

Post a Comment