Friday, April 13, 2012

The Yearbook: Jan


The year was 1982. We danced to Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” album and watched “E.T.” on the silver screen. John Belushi died and Prince William was born. We exercised  to Jane Fonda video tapes and never missed watching “Dynasty” on TV. Gas cost 91 cents a gallon and a stamp two dimes. We were spooked by the Tylenol scare and held our breath as the recession began.
It was a year of promise and pain, of sweetness and sorrow.

But it was OUR year. 

We were the Class of 1982, and we were ready to take on the world.    

Jan (Yearbook post/1982)

Gina, you are a crazy girl whose energy and enthusiasm is seemingly never-ending. I’ll never forget Mr. B’s class and how you always managed to get the answers from him without him realizing he was giving them to you.  Thanks to you, I survived that class. Lots of happiness and luck in all you do! Jan


..........................  

4/13/12

I had forgotten about Jan.  She was quiet and sat in the front of Mr. B’s class. Compared to her, I was a loud-mouth, forever-talking ball of energy. I haven’t seen or heard anything about Jan since high school graduation. I remember how she loved cats. She had four of them and she named them Eenie, Meenie, Miney and Mo.

I wonder where she is and how her life turned out. Maybe someday I’ll find out.






Other posts in this blog series


Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment