Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Yearbook: Lynn

The year was 1982. We danced to Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” album and watched “E.T.” on the silver screen. John Belushi died and Prince William was born. We exercised  to Jane Fonda video tapes and never missed watching “Dynasty” on TV. Gas cost 91 cents a gallon and a stamp two dimes. We were spooked by the Tylenol scare and held our breath as the recession began.
It was a year of promise and pain, of sweetness and sorrow.

But it was OUR year. 

We were the Class of 1982, and we were ready to take on the world.    


Lynn (Yearbook post/1982)

Gina,
To a really terrific girl that I have known practically all of my life. Remember all the fun in student council and all of Mr. Flannigan’s  “speeches.”  Of course, don’t forget all the work we put into making the prom a hit. I’m glad we have stayed friends all of these years, and I hope that we will always be friends.
Love, Lynn
 ..........................  

4/1/12

Lynn was always a great planner. Very organized and detail oriented.  It didn’t surprise me that she became an events planner for a swanky country club in Massachusetts. I always thought that if I needed a wedding planner, I’d want Lynn.



When we planned the prom, she kept everyone on task and focused. She thought of details that the rest of us hadn’t given any thought to – like the order of the people in the receiving line. That’s how she was; she left nothing to chance. Every decision was backed up with sound reasoning and she always had a Plan B. Her obsessing drove me a little crazy at times, but she made everything she was a part of better .

Other posts in this blog series


No comments:

Post a Comment