Friday, September 28, 2012

Words and actions matter


As the new school year shifts into high gear, I’m reminded of a conversation that occurred as my days as a senior at Northeastern High School were coming to an end.
A teacher asked me if I had any words of wisdom, anything that I thought she should know that would help her be a better instructor. I was surprised that a teacher would actually ask a student for advice or feedback.
My respect for her deepened that day, as her sincerity was apparent. She really cared about what I thought.
Imagine, a teacher asking me for advice. Wow. That was a new one.
I remember telling her..

3 comments:

  1. A message to my Writer Friends -
    http://judygruppstudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes a difference in people's lives when they feel important. That is what that teacher did for you. :) I am glad you had her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice article, thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete