Monday, March 4, 2013

When readers make me smile

It's always great to hear from readers. It means the world to me that they take the time to share their thoughts. On Sunday, I heard from several readers regarding my column on why I love reading obituaries.

One of the emails I received was from a 52-year-old woman who had lost both of her parents.

"I read the obituaries every night, I always have, and I especially enjoy the ones that  tell us about who the person really was. ... A LIFE is a life, and needs to be shared because of its beauty."

I couldn't agree more. 

She ended her email: 

"Again, keep up the good work.  People who LOVE people are enjoying what you do.  You are a lucky girl to be able to pursue your passion."

She's right. I'm lucky that I'm able to do what I love, and I'm so grateful for that!

1 comment:

  1. Hearing from readers does renew your writing spirit doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete