Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Meet Mary Ball, author of 'Stone of Destiny'



Meet my colleague, author Mary Ball of North Carolina, author of "Stone of Destiny."

About the book:

Can a mysterious ring change lives?
 
The sapphire symbolizes mental clarity, faithfulness and truth. For centuries, a legend in the Harrison family revolved around a ring.
Taylor Harrison has given up on everything but her work. The youngest CEO of Mugful’s Beverage Company, her life is complete. That is, until her grandmother asks her to oversee renovations at the family home and find the missing heirloom.
First contact with what she believes is an insignificant ring, lost for fifty years, sends her life spinning. Taylor experiences strange dreams. Feelings surface; she doesn't understand; thoughts that should remain
unspoken, voiced. 
 Taylor’s emotional journey begins, testing a heart as cold as the ring itself. 
Is this a fairy-tale or her soul, reaching out for a life she can only find through faith and trust in God?  

Connect with Mary:

Website 




 
Q&A


Q. Where and when do you prefer to do your writing?
A. I enjoy the early morning hours. I do my best writing in my home office when everyone else is asleep. 

Q. Best piece of writing advice. 
A. Never give up your story idea, if it isn't working, just change it around a little.
 
Q. One thing that you would like your readers to know about you. 
A. I live in a small town and enjoy rural living.

Q. Share one of your favorite quotes. 
A. "In my writing, as much as I could, I tried to find the good and praise it." by Alex Haley

Q. When I’m not writing, I’m ... 
A. reading or fishing.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Buffy for having me on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read Mary's STONE OF DESTINY, and I loved it. I think the way she weaves her faith and brings out the reality of life in her writing is a powerfull tool. I'm looking forward to her next book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book hooks you from the very first start. Wishing you great writing success and many book sales, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an excellent book. When it came out, I rushed to get it. Mary demonstrates her fine, Christian spirit in her life and books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Stone of Destiny - a hunky hero never hurts make for a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great book. Mary does an excellent job weaving a story with carefully structured characters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OM, everyone is so supportive. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete