Monday, April 14, 2014

Pulitzer Prizes announced

I was super excited to find out who won the Pulitzer Prizes this year. Why? Because I had the honor of being a juror for this year's Pulitzer Prize in Feature Writing.

I gathered at Columbia University in late February to judge the entries with an esteemed group of colleagues. We judged an outstanding body of work and everyone who entered should be proud.

The prizes are given in 14 categories of journalism as well as drama, music, poetry and books.

I was also happy I had the opportunity to work with Sig Gissler, who is retiring as administrator this summer. Those familiar with Sig know how much he helped the Pulitzer Prizes move into the digital age. Prior to becoming the Pulitzer administrator, Sig was editor of The Milwaukee Journal.


From left: Joyce Terhaar, Mark Lorando, Carolyn Murray,
Jill
 Williams, me, and George Getschow. Missing: Bill Church

No comments:

Post a Comment