Thursday, January 8, 2015

Crazy idea for a new year: Tracks inside supermarkets

How's that saying go? Necessity is the mother of invention? Well, I and a lot of other people have a necessity and I have a solution that would be a win-win for a supermarket. Don't stop reading. Just hear me out.

When it's cold outside, people need a place to walk. When it's hot outside, people need a place to walk. For me, this used to be the nearby mall, but the mall is being torn down and replaced with a strip mall. There goes my place to walk over my lunch hour when it's too cold or too hot to walk outside.

Here's my solution. Supermarkets should invest more completely in the health craze and provide a walking/running track on the perimeter of their store. Don't laugh. Just think about it. When it's hot, people flock to the freezer section of the supermarket to hang out for a while. So, imagine if a supermarket (those located in areas where there is extreme cold and heat) integrated tracks into their designs. People would flock to the supermarket to walk or run. And, they might need a drink afterward or pick up a loaf of bread or bananas or whatever. The supermarket offers a service, gets people in its doors who might not normally come there, and so forth. Seems like a win-win.

So, if you're a supermarket and you want to talk out my idea, contact me. I have a billion ideas running through this crazy head of mine!


No comments:

Post a Comment